For time & all eternity

Sunday, May 19, 2013

On the 15th February, 2013, Gavin and i were sealed together, for time and all eternity, in the Brisbane temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. 



We believe that a temple is a House of God. We make sacred covenants (promises) inside the temple, and believe that if we live up to these, that we will be sealed together as man and wife, not only in this earthly life, but also after death, into eternity.





We were so privileged to be sealed by President Smibert. He was Gavin's mission president, and was the temple president at the time. He was such a kind and loving man, we couldn't have asked for anyone better to seal us. He is the perfect example of a righteous church member. Sadly, President Smibert passed away only a few weeks after we were sealed by him, making the experience even more special.  











When Gavin and i were in the temple together before we went into the sealing room, we sat together and whispered about how nervous and happy we were. I want to remember that moment together and how special it was and also that i knew in that moment that we were doing the right thing. Gavin said a prayer for us before we entered the sealing room, and all my nerves disappeared. 







There is no happier moment in my life, than when i was kneeling across from Gavin, holding his hand, and being sealed to him. I have never in my life felt so close to Heaven and to God. In that moment, i knew that all the trials and tests and challenges that i have faced within the church were for me to grow, to prepare me for that moment. And it was all worth it. 

Gavin and i had tears in our eyes, tears of happiness and love as we were sealed. We know how lucky we are to have found each other, and to now have each other forever. In those moments, i couldn't think of anything other than how happy i was to be there with Gavin, and that we were able to go there today, and how special  it was. I looked into his eyes, and his face covered with tears, and just knew that we would have the greatest life together. I am not sure that anything that can happen in this life will be able to make me as happy as i was that day. 





We were sealed. Together forever. Me and Gavin. Now we are the Jacks, and we are the start of our family.



Thank you, Gavin, for being the person that you are. Thank you for asking me to go with you to such a special place. Thank you for being the best example to me, and for always believing in me. I am so happy to have you and am excited that we have started our journey of forever together. I can't wait to see what the future holds. I love you more than words. Love, Makayla, your wife xxx 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Unknown said...

Again! Your blog and the photo's accompanying it manage to bring tears to my eyes! You are both so beautiful! Congratulations and I wish you both an eternity of happiness! :)

Nettie's Blog said...

beautiful Makayla ..missed you guys yesterday ...hope you are OK XXX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...